I am stuffed...

Ok so I made the bean dip. Not going to post a pic because let's face it beans don't really look all that great. It was so good I just can't stop eating it. I could eat this everyday. Luckily Nick is here helping me, otherwise I just might eat the whole pot myself. I wanted to share the recipe. It is definately one of my new favorites. Perfect to share with guests, or just to make for an afternoon snack or appetizer. Here it is...

Championship Bean Dip
  • 16 oz (one can) of refried beans
  • 1 cup of medium picante sauce
  • 4 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 oz of shredded monterey jack
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 3 oz of softened cream cheese
  • 1/2 tblsp chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to a small slow cooker. Cook on medium heat for 3 hours. Keep warm while eating. Dip 1 inch cubes of french bread or tortilla chips. Enjoy. I know I did.
I also made my grandma's famous cranberry cider. This one is great for a cold day. We have had too many of those around here. Here is the recipe...

Cranberry Cider
  • 8 cups hot water
  • 4 cups cranberry juice (not juice cocktail)
  • 3/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup red hot candies
  • 6 cloves
This one is made in a large slow cooker. Combine all ingredients. Place the cloves in some cheesecloth. That way you can remove them after cooking as they get stronger the longer they sit. Turn on low for about 3 hours. Easy to make. You can place in an old coffee pot to keep warm after cooking. Hope you enjoy. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment